Friday, September 20, 2013

Chelsea and the Lack of Class

The title to this post has a double meaning. Firstly, Chelsea FC has lacks 'class' (which I will explain more in a moment) and secondly, I had class this week, but somehow I missed some? Oops!

Monday morning, I woke up to my alarm at 7:45, for my 9:00 class. I decided I was going to skip breakfast, and sleep a bit more because I felt dreadful. I woke back up at 8:30, sat up, looked around to my roommate who is also in the same class, and told her I am not going, I feel like dying, and I fell back asleep. Please remember at this point in the week, I still had absolutely no voice. So I slept until about 12. I made it up for my next class and scurried along in jeans and a tshirt, looking like a bum in South Kensington. Sometimes I feel like the bums dress nicer than me in this area.

Katharine Emily and I went about to get some Chelsea gear for the game later in the day on Monday. I picked up the tickets, and we went to the stadium to get our scarves and jerseys. (I didn't get a jersey as I am poor). I don't remember which day we went to Primark, I just remember going. This place was a sight to behold. It was the most amazing shop I had ever been to! If I was British and got paid in pounds, I would shop here for eternity! (the exchange rate kills, so buying anything anywhere is retarded). But at any rate, this was amazing. I got a sweater, a long sleeve blue shirt for the Chelsea game, and two scarves for 25 pounds! Horay! I will not freeze.

Tuesday I bummed again and slept, not missing any classes though. Wednesday I did not miss any classes nor did I miss breakfast! For my History of London class we were supposed to meet at Tower Hill (by the tower of London) but I thought we were to meet at St. James Square. I was wrong. But my friend Emma was also late, so she missed the tour as well. We were both so bewildered but I met her at Tower Hill (thinking I could grab the next group's tour and go with them, but they met at the end of the first one...). We had tea and cakes at a Costa next to the Tower and watched the Ravens flutter around and do their thing. Then we went back to the statue of Emperor Trajan and the original Roman wall of Londinum, and took a few pictures!

Wednesday night was the Chelsea vs Basel game. The game was in Chelsea's favor as Basel is not a very good team. After finding out they do not serve beer at Champions League games, Emily and Katharine were quite disappointing. Emma and I didn't really mind, as I don't think she really drinks, and I am on antibiotics.The first half of the game was pretty good. Basel's team seemed to be quite pathetic because every time a Chelsea player would touch them, they fell to the grass and held themselves like they were dying. It was really pathetically annoying. At one point the crowed started chanting "pranker" because the guy acted like he broke his ankle, hobbled off the field, then started jogging on it like he was fine. So lame. Anyhow, Chelsea scored with about 30 seconds remaining in the first half.

The second half was not in their favor. Basel scored in 10 minutes, putting Chelsea in shock. Towards the end of their game, after Basel had scored on them a second time, they decided to quit trying. There has over 35 minutes left in the game when I noticed a total lack of esteem. They truly are the spoiled brats of the UK football team! I was so disappointing to see their lack of enthusiasm during their game. Although it is early in the season and they can afford a lose in the Champions league, I am sure Jose (Their new/old Manager) will flog them for their actions. They were scored on twice by Basel, not due to the attentiveness of their goalie, Petr Cech, but because the defenders where no where to been seen and if they were seen, they were not playing, but rather walking around like little girls in peewee football. By the end of the game I noticed the only one to be still attentive was actually Cech. At any rate the game was a good time and a great experience. Katharine, Emily, Emma and I really enjoyed going!

Leaving the game was a total catastrophe. It was the biggest crowd of people ever. We decided to not even bother trying to get on the tube. We walked home instead and we found that it was quite a short walk! (well, not short perhaps, but doable.) We stopped at BK to get some chow before we went home. Not even 30 minutes after eating that, I wanted to die. So I am not making that mistake again. BK sucks.

So overall this week has been a success. Look for my next post about the Chelsea Vs. Fulham Premier League game on Saturday, and the White Cliffs of Dover, Dover Castle, and Canterbury Cathedral Sunday.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment