Monday, September 16, 2013

The Whispering Wonder

Saturday morning I awoke late morning. I couldn't speak. Not a single word could vibrate through my vocal chords. I also felt like I got hit by a train.

I decided to get a shower and go to the doctor since I am so over being sick. Today marks the 7th day of my sickness. So I get a hold of my Resident Director and ask her where I should go. She said to go to the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital for the A&E Urgent Care. I sit there and think, what in the world is A&E? Isn't that a TV channel? It stands for accident and emergency. I tossed on my Lennon shirt for some company and left.

Coco Mono was my choice for breakfast today and it was by far the most delicious breakfast I have ever had. Ordering it was an experience, since I could not speak. I whisper. Eggs, bacon, toast and tea. I never thought eggs, bacon, toast and tea could taste that good! It was amazing and all perfectly cooked. It was a peaceful breakfast in the nice restaurant where customers can bring in their small dogs. They were all so well behaved, like they did it all the time... which they probably did. I carried on to Boots to talk to the pharmacist before I went and waited at the British ER for hours. She advised me to see the doctor since my lymph nodes were swollen.



A nice woman drove my cab to the A&E, which was not very far away. I checked in, and sat down across from a young girl and her mother. Those two were such a delight to sit next to. I was shocked at how much I laughed and snickered with these two. The girl reminded me of my niece, Rylie, but with a British accent. She was a hoot. Next to us were two old men who also butt in once in a while with something funny. While we were there we saw many weird things. A boy came in about 14 or 15 with a stabbed arm. His clothes were soaked in blood as he told us how his friend had jumped him for not letting him borrow 50 pounds. Yikes. I also saw a woman who was guided in by a man, she couldn't see anything so something must have been wrong with her eyes, obviously. The other weird thing I saw was a girl not much older than I, with a big bandage around her head. The blood soak was near her right eyebrow so I wonder what happened to her! It was a wild time at the A&E. The time past quickly with the giggles and writing of post cards.

I got called to see the doctor, who was about 25 maybe, and rather handsome. So the whispering wonder attempts to explain to this young doctor what is wrong. I couldn't even say "ahhh" when he looked at the back of my mouth. My chords seriously did NOT work. Not a bit. At any rate, he gave me a script for antibiotics and said to take it to any chemist. So out I go, and I walk over to boots and who do I see but the girl and her mother! Whispering, I say hello and how funny it was to see them again". Then we carried on our own ways. I trugged back home after grabbing some food for the rest of the day. I napped, and went to bed late because of the nap. My sleeping schedule is still messed from that stupid nap and it is Monday! (I still dont have a voice, BUT I was able to talk for about 30 minutes after we had dinner..)

Sunday is Bath and Stonehenge Trip, which will be my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment